Are you one of the 9,876,187 residents of Michigan? If you or a loved one has been suffering from complications after undergoing a pelvic organ prolapse repair surgery with a transvaginal mesh? If you have been experience adverse side effects in the following cities, you may be able to file a claim.

These Michigan cities include:

  • Detroit
  • Warren
  • Grand Rapids
  • Flint
  • Ann Arbor
  • Sterling Heights
  • Lansing
  • Dearborn
  • Kalamazoo
  • Wyoming
  • Livonia
  • Westland
The vaginal mesh, is also known as a pelvic sling and is for women who have bladder and pelvic prolapse. The transvaginal mesh is also made to help reinforce the vaginal walls. The FDA announced in July 2011 that patients who have used the woven type fabric are now at a higher risk for developing mesh complications than women who choose other methods. Because the manufacturers had failed to warn doctors and patients about this increased risk, you may be eligiable to file a claim in seeking financial compensation for all your pain and suffering.

Below is a list of some of the hospitals in Michigan where you might have had your surgery done. This is a partial list so even if the hospital you had your procedure at is not in this list, you may still have a case.

  • Beaumont Hospital
  • Henry Ford Hospital
  • Harper University Hospital
  • University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers
  • McLaren Regional Medical Center
  • Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
  • St. John Hospital and Medical Center
  • Providence Hospital


  1. Dan Loch
    Apr 03, 2013 @ 13:52:09

    My wife had mesh implanted to correct a prolapse issue.
    She lost over 1/3 of the length of her vagina and sex is no longer easy or fulfilling
    She is embarassed and does not want to file a claim for many reasons, although she agrees she was damaged.
    Can a husband file a claim?
    Thank you.


  2. Darlene Milbocker
    Oct 13, 2013 @ 19:20:56

    I had repair surgery for a rectaseal and cystaseel which was performed using mesh in 2010 at Lakeview Hospital in Paw Paw Mich. My bladder was down in my vagina and I had incontinence and still do. For a long time I had pain urinating and could not empty my bladder. About 5 months ago, I suddenly could not urinate one night without laying down on my bed, was bleeding and passing stones. Hundreds of stones. I called my Dr. who had done the surgery, the next morning. They catherized me immediately and they filled my bladder with water and took pictures inside. A few days later I had an ultra-sound of my kidneys because they thought I was passing kidney stones. It was determined later that they were bladder stones. I was sent to a Urologist connected with Borgess Hospital. They did the same test, which took about an hr. and concluded that the mesh was invading my Urethra and told me that the mesh had to be removed! I recently had the same test done for the 3rd time and was told again the the mesh had to come out. I am waiting for the hospital (Borgess) to call and arrange for surgery to remove the mesh.


  3. Barbara
    Nov 10, 2014 @ 20:03:06

    Cant find an attorney to handle my POL and Bladder Sling eroding.


  4. Linda Rivera
    Oct 15, 2015 @ 22:30:30

    My grandmother has had the mesh surgery at the Harper hospital and now suffers from chronic kidney failure. we are in need of an attorney, and would appreciate any kind of help please and thank you, God bless !!!!


Leave a Reply