Are you a current resident of Washington State and have recently had a pelvic organ prolapse repair surgery using the transvaginal mesh sling? If so, you may be eligible to file a legal claim. As of July 2011, the FDA issued a statement saying that woman who choose to use the transvaginal mesh as opposed to other treatment options, are at a much higher risk for developing mesh complications. Since the manufacturers of the trans vaginal mesh failed to warn doctors and patients of this increased risk, many are coming forward with complaints.

The following cities of Washington are included:

  • Vancouver
  • Seattle
  • Yakima
  • Federal Way
  • Spokane
  • Kent
  • Marysville
  • Olympia
  • Bellingham
  • Renton
  • Pasco
  • Edmonds

Sometimes called a pelvic sling, a transvaginal mesh is designed in helping women who have pelvic prolapse, bladder prolapse, and other types of pelvic problems. It helps to reinforce the vaginal walls. Many of the reported side effects include mesh erosion, bladder problems, vaginal scarring, general discomfort, bleeding, and even more fatal injuries. If you feel like you are a victim of the trans vaginal mesh sling, call a transvaginal mesh lawyer in Washington right away to get help.

Below is a list of some hospitals in Washington where you might have had your surgery. This is a partial list so even if the hospital you had your procedure at is not in this list, you may still have a case.

  • Harborview Medical Center
  • Southwest Washington Medical Center
  • University of Washington Medical Center
  • Valley Medical Center
  • Tacoma General Hospital
  • Swedish Medical Center-Cherry Hill
  • Stevens Healthcare
  • Providence Regional Medical Center


  1. Mary Orsi
    Mar 20, 2013 @ 07:17:23

    I had a lap. assisted vag hyst and a “bladder taping” . I the developed protrusion of the mesh into my vaginal canal, pain, bloody and pussy urination. I required a surgical revision and a “patch”. I have since experienced return of stress incontinence, painful intercourse and bloody discharge after intercourse.. It feels as if my vaginal canal has shrunk in length.


  2. Sheryl Benedict
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 21:48:32

    I had surgery to implant the Perigree, Apogee and Sparc sling. This was done in Chelan County, Washington State. Since the surgery, my incontinence has returned, I have unexplained pelvic pain and pain during intercourse. I had a second surgery (6-4-13 in Wenatchee, Washington) to put in a sling around the urethra using my own tissue and to remove any mesh visible during the surgery (around the urethra and bladder near where the doctor was working). The doctor thought this might give me some relief of pain. However, the doctor opted to not remove the mesh saying that the mesh removal would be too risky and he feared putting a hole in the urethra.


  3. Gwen Harris
    Oct 29, 2014 @ 18:43:23

    Need a new attorney. Need to replace current one.


  4. Gwendolyn Harris
    Aug 14, 2015 @ 22:05:17

    I need help with my pending settlement case to get it resolved. I have been working on it since 2007 when i first started having problems with the sling. I was told it was gone for settlement. June 205 and still nothing. I just want it over and one.


    • val
      Aug 26, 2015 @ 19:40:34

      We are sorry that you have experienced such unfortunate complications with the mesh device. If you are still interested in speaking to someone about your potential case, please call us at 888-602-4228 and ask to speak with attorney Mary Bajo.


  5. Kathleen LeMaster
    Oct 14, 2015 @ 18:53:13

    I am currently living here in WA under the care of my 2nd Board Certified Urologist with 5th bladder extracism, implant different device ,Cystoscopy. Understandably upset with Mass Torte suit.(Boston Scientific) proceedings. I want to know what my options are in retaining private counsel ? My Obtryx Sling was implanted at Anaheim Med Cnter CA. Signed Kathleen


Leave a Reply