Bard, a multinational developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices, sells several products used to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP), stress urinary incontinence, and other similar disorders. These products are:
- Alyte Y-Mesh Graft – preformed Y-shaped polypropylene (plastic polymer) graft knitted with stretch
- Avaulta Plus Support System – porous polypropylene mesh featuring a thin sheet like layer of collagen
- Avaulta Solo Support System – open knit design featuring two different kinds of mesh
- Pelvicol Accellular Collagen Matrix – cross-linked porcine dermal (pig skin) collagen
- Pelvisoft Acellular Collagen BioMesh – soft, synthetic mesh implant
- Adjust Sling – adjustable sling with two self-fixating polypropylene anchors
- Align Urethral Support System – polypropylene mesh sling encased in a protective sheath
- Pelvicale and Pelvicale TO Support Systems – self-anchoring, natural tissue slings.
Reported Transvaginal Mesh Complication
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), more than 3,873 patients have reported serious complications linked with the use of a transvaginal mesh device. Patients have reported suffering from pain, bloating, mesh erosion, infection, vaginal scarring/shrinkage, urinary problems, bowel and bladder perforation, and neuromuscular problems. Some patients have also reported pain during sexual intercourse.
Protecting Your Legal Rights
If you or a loved one have suffered because of a transvaginal mesh device, you have legal rights that need protecting. Your legal rights may allow you to file a lawsuit against Bard to recover damages associated with your injury, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Many victims just want to make sure no one else suffers and taking legal action is oftentimes the only way to ensure a corporation like Bard is held accountable for failing to produce a safe product.
Passionate About Seeing Justice Served
At Estey Bomberger, our product liability attorneys are passionate about seeing justice served. We pour every resource we have into building a powerful case and will not hesitate to take a case to court if negotiations are stalled. We also strive to make sure our clients’ needs are being met. We are always available to discuss a case with a client and respond to calls and emails promptly. For more information about our law firm and to learn what your legal rights are, please contact one of our caring lawyers today for a free, no hassle consultation. We take all cases on a no fee, no win basis.